The Church of the Divine Child was founded on June 15, 1950, with Rev. Herbert F. Weier as the first pastor. An associate pastor, Rev. Maurice Decker, joined a few months later. The parish began with a congregation of approximately 250 but more than doubled by the end of its first year.
Construction of the elementary school began two years later. In September of 1953, the school opened with 153 students in grades 1-4 with an additional grade added each year. A year later, eight Bernardine Franciscan sisters move into the new convent. A high school was added in 1958.
Rev. Herman Kucyk became associate pastor in 1961. On September 30, 1962, after twelve years as pastor, Fr. Weier is named Monsignor. Construction began on a new church that same year and it was dedicated in June of 1963.
A perpetual adoration chapel was added to the south side of the church in 1999. Rev. James Bilot was appointed as the third pastor in 2007 and retains that office. Bernardine Franciscans continue to teach at the schools today.
The parish has approximately 2,000 registered families today. Weekday Mass is at 6:30am and 8:30am; Saturday Mass is at 8:30am and 4:30pm (Anticipated Sunday Mass). Sunday Mass is at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:30am and 1:00pm.
The Blessed Sacrament is exposed in the perpetual adoration chapel every day except Tuesday, when it is in the main Church 9:00am-7:00pm. Novena then takes place immediately afterwards.
The Holy Family is depicted in the windows above the main entrance, with the Child Jesus at the center. The Magi are on one side.
Portraits of former pastors are displayed in the vestibule and near the baptismal font.
A nativity scene currently stands in front of another side altar.
St. Francis of Assisi overlooks a koi pond and St. Jean Vianney stands outside the rectory.
Statues of Christ with children stand outside the school; a memorial for aborted babies.