Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 23-31: 59th Anniversary of Solanus Casey's death

Solanus Casey died on July 31, 1957, and declared venerable in 1995. Traditionally, the Fr. Solanus Guild has conducted a nine-day novena in connection with that date of his death. All are welcome to join in the Novena taking place at St. Bonaventure Monastery. Novena prayers will take place after each Mass.
  • Saturday, July 23, 7:45am
  • Monday-Friday, July 25-29, Noon

Anniversary of Solanus Casey's death:
  • Saturday, July 30, 5pm
  • Sunday, July 31, 9am, 11am, and 1:30pm
For more info: Fr. Solanus Guild

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRAYER FOR THE BEATIFICATION OF VENERABLE SOLANUS CASEY


O God, I adore You. I give myself to You. 
May I be the person You want me to be, 
and may Your will be done in my life today.

I thank You for the gifts You gave to Father Solanus. 
If it is Your Will, bless us with the beatification of 
Venerable Solanus so that others may imitate 
and carry on his love for all the poor and suffering of our world.

As he joyfully accepted Your divine plans,
I ask You, according to Your Will, 
to hear my prayer for . . . (your intention) 
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

“Blessed be God in all His designs.”

Imprimatur: Adam Cardinal Maida, Archbishop of Detroit
March 31, 2007   © F.S.G. 3/07


No comments: