Our Lady Queen of Martyrs, in Beverly Hills, was established in 1951. The original church was later repurposed and currently is the school gym. The Stations of the Cross were salvaged from the original church and still hang in the current church, built in 1965.
After their Changing Lives Together campaign, Our Lady Queen of Martyrs began renovation of the church. The firm of Stephen Auger + Associates led the renovation. New floors were added and restorations were completed in December of 2015. The table altar comes from the former St. Louis the King Church in Detroit.
Multiple statues come from the former St. Gregory the Great, also in Detroit. Among them: Sacred Heart of Jesus, Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph.
The baptismal font in the baptstery; a large holy water font and Paschal candle near the main entrance.
The parish operates a K-8 school.
Vatican astronomer Br. Guy Consolmagno, SJ, is one notable alumnus. He returned to the school and church last year to talk about his work and encourage children in their study of science.
Fr. Scott Thibodeau has been pastor since 2009 but will soon be reassigned to Our Lady of the Lakes in Waterford. He will be succeeded by Fr. James Smalarz, current pastor of St. John the Baptist in Monroe.
For more info: parish website + school website
More about the renovation: The Michigan Catholic