Monday, April 09, 2012

East Catholic High School Demolished

The most recent print edition of the Michigan Catholic had a short article about the Demolition of East Catholic High School. I will update once I get the information, because there was a note in the article about how alumni could get souvenir bricks form the demolition company.

Last year I visited St. Anthony (closed 2005, sold 2010) with a reader, fellow Detroit Church enthusiast/photographer Andy aka cath4ever. We didn't get inside, and frankly I wouldn't have wanted to, but I have a few external photos I would like to share to mark the formal end to the edifice of East Catholic. Alumni may pick up souvenir bricks through Adamo Demolition. Google tells me their number is 313-892-7330.

Facade of St. Anthony.

East Catholic, former home of the Chargers.
A view of the Farnsworth side.

Erected AD 1926 to foster religion, knowledge, and virtue.

True story.



No comments: