Christ The King Parish was established in 1927 as a congregation of 300 families heard their first Mass in Redford High School. Construction soon began on a temporary church but, due to the Great Depression, it took a decade raise enough funds to complete the church.
A parish school opened in 1938 and the first church building was incorporated into the school. The school remained under the direction of IHM Sisters for decades to come. Christ The King is one of only four Detroit parishes that still maintains a K-8 school.
The current church is located on Grand River, just south of McNichols, in northwest Detroit. Fr. Victor Clore has served as pastor since 1980. Joseph Urbiel has served as permanent deacon at the parish since 2009.
The tabernacle is located to the right of the main altar near a San Damiano crucifix and icons of the four evangelists.