St. Christopher Church is located on the west side of the city, near Warren Avenue and Southfield Freeway. The parish was established in 1941 and the current edifice dated as 1965.
Like many newer churches, the interior of St. Christopher is shaped much like an amphitheater.
The Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary stand in niches at either side of the church.
The church's namesake stands to the right of the main altar along with the Infant of Prague.
A guardian angel and child stand in the vestibule.
Bands of geometric, pastel windows line the walls of the nave and clerestory.
More symbolic, realistic windows are found near the baptismal font.
The choir loft windows show a depiction of the namesake saint and read "On whatever day thou shalt behold the face of St. Christopher, surely on that day thou shall not die an evil death." Since St. Christopher is also the patron of travelers, different modes of transport are shown: boat, airplane, bicycle, etc.
Last year, St. Christopher merged with St. Thomas Aquinas and Fr. Jaime Hinojos has served as pastor since then.
Saturday Vigil Mass (English) is at 4:00pm preceded by 3:00pm confessions. Currently, Sunday Masses are only celebrated at St. Thomas Aquinas.
For more info: parish website, bulletin archive, & Facebook
Another blog post: Detroit Pilgrim