St. Peter Claver Catholic Community, in northwest Detroit, is the result of a 2005 merger between Precious Blood (est. 1929) and St. Francis de Sales (est. 1927).
The current parish maintains both of the worship sites. The primary site being the former Precious Blood Parish, located at 13305 Grove St., near McNichols and Schaefer. However, in effort to reduce utility usage, the former Precious Blood Church is not used during the winter. Many services are held at the "annex," a chapel located at the rear of the original St. Francis de Sales. It appears that the original church, at 10600 Fenkell, is no longer used.
Mass is celebrated on First Fridays at 6:30pm and Sundays at 10:00am. Reconciliation is on Saturdays at 4:00pm.
The windows are fairly plain, clear glass.
The altar canopy and tabernacle seem to be rather old, likely from the original church.
Fr. James O'Reilly, SJ, serves as pastor and also is an instructor at neighboring Loyola High School, one of three Catholic high schools remaining in the city.
Deacon Wyatt L. Jones, Jr., the former administrator of Precious Blood, serves as a permanent deacon.