Church of the Madonna was established in 1924. An addition was built in front of the church at a later, unknown date.
An outdoor chapel stands nearby. Its not clear if Mass or other services are held here.
In 1968, pastor Fr. William Cunningham and Eleanor Josaitis co-founded Focus: HOPE to provide the needy with career training and food assistance. Fr. Cunningham passed away in 1997 and Josaitis maintained leadership until her death in 2011.
The church is fairly small — a capacity of maybe 200.
Icons of the apostles line the edges of the ceiling.
Icons of the evangelists are in the center of the ceiling.
A baptismal font is located in the vestibule along with an icon of the parish's patron.
The sanctuary features a window depicting Pentecost and a crucifix hanging behind the altar.
The tabernacle is located at the edge of the sanctuary, near the sacristy.
For more info: AOD.org, parish website, AOD Film Services
Another blog post: Detroit Pilgrim