Dearborn Heights' St. Sabina Parish was established in 1957 and the current church was built in 1982. Next year, the parish will celebrate its 60th anniversary
The patroness and namesake of the parish stands in front of the church
A Marian shrine stands in the middle of the parking lot
The belltower stands directly above the main altar.
St. Joseph along with Madonna and Child at a side altar; the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the opposite side
Reflecting the date of construction, stained-glass windows near the main doorway show the coat of arms for Pope St. John Paul II (left, top) and then-Archbishop Edmund Szoka (left, bottom).
Fr. Raymond Bucon is pastor of St. Sabina Parish as well as chaplain for Dearborn Heights' Police and Fire Departments. Confessions are heard at 4:00pm Saturdays followed by Vigil Mass is at 5:00pm, Sunday Mass is at 8:30am and 11:00am. Tuesdays bring recitation of the Rosary at 6:00pm followed by Mother of Perpetual Help devotion and Mass.
More info: parish website + bulletin archive
Another blog post: Discovering Detroit Catholic Churches