Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Return to Holy Redeemer

This is another Church we have already visited, but I have some new information a pictures, I would like to share.

First: the Romanesque church is based on St. Paul outside the Walls. I see the similarity in the ceiling squares, but the similarities don't end there.


Here we have a better picture of the mural of Christ our Redeemer. The picture in the previous post suffered from bad lighting.


Being a Parish with some Redemptorist history, they of course are devoted to Our Mother of Perpetual Help.


The tour guide (HR's music director) let a few of us into the Bell Tower chapel.
The chapel is very small and is more or less a baptistery, but from what I heard, it was kind of an afterthought made with excess materials.

Altar:


Mosaic of Our Lord's Baptism:


Baptismal font:


Over the threshold, Meta Noeite (Greek for Repent):


This should conclude the "repeats" section from the church tour. I have two new churches to feature from the tour, and I have visited two more since the tour, so we'll have some new content over the next week or so.

Quick Links:

No comments: